Today I attended MRS University Chapter Luncheon, as the new president of Binghamton University, this is actually one of my major activities for this meeting. The meeting schedule is pretty tight, from 12:00- 13:30.
Right after a delicious lunch, M. Stanley Whittingham, Chair of MRS Academic Affairs Committee, introduced the new chair of University Chapters and Special Projects Subcommittee, Yury Gogotsi. Then Mr. Gogotsi host the rest of luncheon, which basically introduced what university chapter can do and will do in the near future. Important notices are summarized here in case anyone missed the meeting:
1) University chapter may set up facebook or Linked-in pages for the chapter for better communication;
2) Request for travel reimbursement of fall meeting should be submitted before Jan. 15th. The chapter requesting reimbursement should have written policy.
3) Call for symposium assistant for spring meeting.
4) Application deadline for special project grants is Dec. 15th. (They still have a lot of spare money, so act quickly!)
5) University chapters are encouraged to participate in Nanodays event.
6) Introduced Disseminating Materials Research News & information & Congressional Science and Engineering Fellowship Program (see photo attached).